Copyright 2007 MiTAC Technology Corporation
Company: MITAC TECHNOLOGY CORP.
Driver Manufacturer: MiTAC Technology Corporation
Driver Class: Other Hardware
Driver Model: BIOS Service Provider
Driver Provider: MiTAC Technology Corporation
Version Date: 7/4/2007
(the version and version date refers to windows XP)
This is how you install it:
1. Download the Driver
First open this link using internet explorer (it does not work with firefox or chrome):
Download base on your Operating system, for Windows 7 use windows Vista driver. The download page would look like this:
2. Extracting the driver file
The file would be in cabinet (.cab) file type, you need to install winrar to extract the driver file. Remember the path of the extracted driver folder because we will need it later.
3. Installing the driver file.
Open the extracted driver folder, the right click on the inf file and select install.
If failed you can install it manually using device manager.
1. Open device manager, right click on the unknown device (refer to mtc0303) and select update driver software.
2. No to connect and select advance.
3. Now click browse and point to the extracted driver folder.
4. Continue installation until finish.
For me personally this device is not important, you can right click and disable it unless you find that some of your laptop feature does not work properly. Does this affect laptop performance, I don't think so and from my experience this type of file does not.